Monday, December 14, 2009

Tiger

I was reading the Wall Street Journal yesterday and I was amazed at an article that was written by someone who believed Tiger Woods had done something terrible to him personally. The writer wondered what made Tiger do what he did outside the golf course, with endless speculation, and the strategies that Tiger's agent and manager and attorneys have created to keep the scandal to a minimum. I tend to skim articles like that, but the final sentence is what prompted me to write not one but two responses to the Journal's Opinion page. The second one is what I wanted to include in my blog today.

The writer of this article stated at the end of this piece:

"But at least I wasn't the only fool to be fooled. If Mr. Woods wants us back, he has a lot of work to do."

And my response:

Frankly if Tiger Woods decides to play in a golf tournament tomorrow I will be at the TV watching, cheering him on. He doesn't owe me anything. I enjoy his skill as a golfer. Simple. If the author thinks he is foolish that is his business as long as he doesn’t make sweeping statements that supposedly include me.

I for one do not want Tiger to have to 'work' to have me back as a fan, just playing golf will do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment